HEADER BLOG TITLE

09/01/2014

Indigo scarf in an Indian box



2014 kicked of with a big bang here at the Pigtails Palace! The energy in the house is insane and we are all swimming in adrenaline at the moment, living life to the fullest.  I will tell you all about this interesting year in another few weeks.

Meanwhile, I took one look at my blog content and decided to spruce up the postings or else we may just all start yawning in boredom soon, I am working on a few postings in advance and please do come back as I will be sharing tips on utilising new media for crafting purposes, photo editing ideas, hooking across borders, iPad ideas and many more. 

New cotton yarn is peeking out of a shopping bag, looking at me with weeping eyes, begging me NOT to turn it into scarves. Oh well, apart from this Indigo gorgeousness, I have finished another erm 3 scarves!!! but will start on a cushion cover or a doily or a toy or anything else today, simply to break this vicious addiction.
 
Hooking the Indigo scarf was pure pleasure, I loved the repetition of the pattern as well as the absence of ends to weave in due to using the awesome Invisible Double Knot (see Youtube) when I joined a new skein.

I have to say good bye to the Indigo Scarf in an Indigo Box now - Happy Birthday Mareli!

Pattern: The Double Crochet Five Together Bobble Scarf

Row 1. Ch 30 
Row 2. Ch 2 to form first hdc, then 29 hdc
Row 3. Ch 3, bobble, ch, skip 1, *bobble, ch, skip one* repeat, there will be 15 bobbles in total
Row 4. Ch 2, 29 hdc
Repeat rows 3 and 4 to desired length

For a video tutorial on how to hook the bobble stitch:  New Stitch a Day 

Hook Size: 4mm
Yarn: 6x50gr Vinnis Serina 100% bamboo, hand dyed in colour Indigo




28 comments:

  1. The scarf is gorgeous! I know what you mean about them, they are quite addictive!

    Have a super week!

    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa, let's see if I can cough up something new today!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful both colour and scarf!!!!
    ........btw, my birthday will be on the 20th of May.......!!! ;oD
    Xxxxxxxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL Ale, you just crack me up! I will make a note of the date!!

      Delete
  3. Those colors are lovely. I am in for Ipad ideas,please....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make that the next posting then - Cheers!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful scarf and I am looking forward to you upcoming posts! Your tone of voice sounds energetic and that is a good thing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andree and if possible at all, the day became even more interesting after I did the posting!

      Delete
  5. Wow, it's so lovely and I always love the yarn you're using. Still love your new style too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! Love following you on FB too. Cheers!

      Delete
  6. Great scarf! I love the indigo color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love scarves too, you can never have too many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite true, like shoes and bags LOL

      Delete
  8. Love the scarf, love the yarn, love the color, love the box you´ll put the scarf in. The birthday-woman is a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anco! I see your latest scarf is in a pattern that I am dying to try out too - gorgeous!

      Delete
    2. You should definitely try the harlequin pattern; it´s easy, repetitive and neither yarn nor time eating!

      Delete
  9. Love that color!!! and the scarf is so lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana! I keep on meaning to add your blog to the reading list and keep on forgetting about it. It is there now, your work is so stunning!

      Delete
  10. Nice stitch and a beautiful colour. Going to use similar, but in Vinnis Nikkim, in a vaguely-planned project later this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great stitch and there are a few variations to make the bobble pop more or less and also the frequency. It is a yarn eater though, I would love to do a white throw in bobble, but would space the bobbles out that is for sure!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful scarf :)
    Gorgeous blog, fantastic photos, great inspiration :)
    Greetings from Norway
    - Kristin -

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lovely scarf!! I'm not addicted to scarves anymore...back onto my blanket addiction :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this scarf and it turned out fabulous. What a wonderful gift, one lucky lady!! Looking forward to seeing what you work on next. Happy new year to you all and I hope the positive energy continues throughout xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This just leaves me breathless...
    It's crochet 3.0 and it's a-ma-zing.
    Love it, everything!
    xhx

    ReplyDelete