HEADER BLOG TITLE

21/03/2013

On the hook!

I have a throw on the hook once again!  It is going oh so fast, the pattern is simple and I am using a big hook for some texture.  


I am definitely in love, oh yeah it is looking scrummy! I am passionate about simple, almost minimalist decor and design. My interests include both Scandinavian design principles as well as Japanese Wabi-sabi.  I really enjoy the slick, simple and perfect as well as the raw, natural and imperfection. 

It is not easy to hook in monochrome as I yearn for the burst of colour and the creativity of complex pattern in my hands, but I am sticking to my guns this time  - This throw is for ME.



Hook size:  Unknown but I will let you know.  It is a bamboo hook, part of a set I picked up in Penang, but the sizes were printed on in ink and wore off pretty quickly.  It is probably a 6mm but I will buy a gadget to measure the thickness of the hook's neck size next week.  Recommended hook size for this yarn is about a 4mm.

The Yarn
The Yarn is the Vinnis Nikkim Colours as written about in the previous posting.  I will also be using Vinnis Serina.

Pattern:
Center Ring: Ch5, close with ss.
Row 1: Ch2 to form first stitch and then another 15hdc. Close round with ss.
Row 2: Ch2 to form first stitch and then 1hdc, 1ch, 2hdc (this is the first corner). Rest of the 3 corners 2hdc, 1ch, 2hdc. For the rest of the stitches between the corners: 1hdc in each.
Repeat until there are 5 rounds in total.




It is a public holiday - Human Rights Day - here in South Africa.  I am spending the day hooking up a storm. Cheers!



10 comments:

  1. I really love the softness of the colours you have chosen – cannot wait to see how the different squares will be put together at the end! =)
    I would also like to crochet something in thinner yarn (especially a bedspread) – I am just afraid my patience will explode, since I am only used to zpagetti! =) How big is one of those squares (with 5 rows) and how long does it take you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yarn, love the texture, love the colours, love the branch, love a good throw & love your photos!

    Looking forward to see the result... So do continue hooking up that storm. :-)

    xh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!
    Also looking forward to the result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all, I am still thinking of various compositions but have an idea or two that will work beautifully. Yvonne each square measures 12cm per side and takes about 12 minutes to coffee hook (15 if I make a coffee in betweenor tell one of the kids off LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the squares, the colours and your styling:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, your own work is also still some of the most beautiful out there!

      Delete
  6. I really love the look and colors of the yarn. It looks beautiful. Great pattern too. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely. The yarn and the colors look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete